Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
This field only applies to Faculty
DT Physical Plant
Supervises campus level warehouse activities including product research, pricing, ordering, documentation, receiving, warehousing, distribution, inventory, and reporting. Maintains close working relationship with Warehouse Manager District, Physical Plant Department campus leadership and personnel, other campus Warehouse Managers, and vendors. Uses computer to perform functions as required. Supervises work of Stockroom Assistant. Reports to the District Warehouse Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Observes Tarrant County College District ( TCCD ) and PPD policies, procedures, and guidelines in the performance of warehouse functions including product research and qualification, price solicitation and shopping, requisition initiation and required justification, order placement and status tracking, order receiving and purchase order closeout, verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, warehouse placement and handling of shipments, and current inventory of warehoused assets
• Works with Physical Plant Department leadership, District leadership, Plant Superintendents, Warehouse Managers/Campus, and vendors to identify, research, recommend, and implement efficiencies of operation and purchasing.
•Initiates work orders for warehouse and equipment repairs and submits recommendations for warehouse activity changes and upgrades and equipment replacement
• Confers with PPD district leadership to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with the activities of other department functions
• Works with TCCD Inventory Control Department in the disposition of used or obsolete assets
• Participates in an ongoing safety-training program to cover all aspects of the work performed by the Physical Plant Department. Observes safety regulations
• Uses interpersonal skills to communicate with department leadership, campus leadership, faculty, support staff, students, and the general public in the performance of duties
• Participates in a program of quality customer service and continuous service improvement throughout the Physical Plant Department. Participates in a job-skills training program that encourages and motivates workers to achieve work place goals
• Analyzes and resolves work place problems and issues
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the TCC Institute
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university and five (5) years related experience or seven (7) years related experience
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Experience operating a forklift and powered Jack
• High attention to detail
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software and computerized inventory systems
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License