Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
This field only applies to Faculty
DT Physical Plant
Groundskeeper is responsible for the upkeep and appearance of outdoor areas by performing groundskeeping tasks. This entry-level position reports to the Campus Lead Groundskeeper under the supervision of the Campus Facility Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs tasks to maintain the grounds and landscapes
• Ability to safely handle/operate grounds vehicle/equipment and groundskeeping tools
• Follows written or verbal directions or specifications
• Removes trash and debris from public areas and performs inspection of grounds regularly
• Transports trash or debris to designated central collection location on a daily basis
• Removes snow, ice, or debris from walkways, driveways, parking lots, and spreads salt in those areas to prevent slip, trip, and fall accidents
• Follows planned landscape designs for specific designated groundskeeping tasks
• Performs irrigation maintenance
• Performs proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, water features, or other grounds features
• Performs furniture, fixture, and equipment ( FFE ) transfers
• Assists with both indoor and outdoor event set up and tear down
• Completes work orders as assigned
• Wears appropriate safety items and protective clothing.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC )
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the College mission, values, and 3 Goals and 8 Principles
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Six (6) months groundskeeping experience
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Prior experience with the operation of fork-lifts and tractors
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Dagny M Jackson / Karen Johnson
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License