Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
This field only applies to Faculty
DT Physical Plant
Responsible for maintaining grounds of an assigned portion of the campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Cuts lawns, trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls
• Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth; remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs
• Cleans grounds and removes litter
• Plants trees and shrubs
• Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts
• Operates front-end loader and backhoe
• Makes minor repairs on equipment such as lawn mower and spreader
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC )
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma ( GED )
• One (1) year of grounds keeping experience
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Experience using various motorized grounds keeping equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Mechanically inclined with skill in operating motor driven equipment
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Dagny M Jackson
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License