Assistant Business Administrator (HRM) - (STA007238)
Assists the Business Administrator with the management of budgetary, financial and administrative functions of the Hilton Hotel at University of Houston.
- Ensure all financial areas of the hotel, including Income audit, accounts receivable, and night audit are administered appropriately and effectively.
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes. Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Ensure proper review, timely processing and communications of all accounts receivable items.
- Prepare and post daily and monthly journal entries and assist in month-end closing, including the review of the GL’s with department heads and research variances
- Review credit card refunds and advance deposits; monitoring daily chargeback inquiries and credit card audits.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system
- Trains and provides guidance to departmental staff regarding the use of various forms and the application of university, college, and hotel policies and procedures.
- Represents the college / hotel on behalf of the business administrator as required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Requires experience working in hotel accounting environment
Experience with Hilton PMS - OnQ and Delphi is a plus.