SOMA - Instructional Coordinator
A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) is seeking applications for an Instructional Coordinator on the Mesa, Arizona Campus. The SOMA Instructional Coordinator helps facilitates the didactic and clinic curriculum development in years three and four. They will collaborate with the Clinical Clerkship Directors the Assistant Dean of Clinical Education, Assessments and Outcomes, GME.
- Review all new and existing curriculum materials and build their course in our learning management system while maintaining the HLC guidelines and overseeing a uniform design.
- The Instructional Coordinator needs to bring a creative and analytical approach to this position.
- Should be detail-oriented critical thinkers with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work as part of team to post material using various course management software, to monitor student progress in eValue, and track data through various reporting systems
- Be in continuous effective and collaborative communication with SOMA administrators, course directors, community campus faculty and Clinical Education Department team members.
- Aid faculty, staff, external consultants, and guest faculty as appropriate in the production, implementation, and assessment of project programming and materials.
- Manage Canvas Learning Management System for 3rd & 4th year D.O. Medical students by facilitating the creation and delivery of the didactic curriculum to the students.
- Meet individually with each Clerkship Director to discuss the format and design of their course.
- Mentor each Clerkship Director to help them navigate the learning system and eValue.
- Manage eValue database while continuously improving process and implementing new ideas.
- Continually seek to streamline and assist team members in their job duties.
- Stay educated on the new features rolled out by eValue and implement them into our program.
- Compile student evaluation of preceptor reports.
- Create tracking reports of student’s procedures and diagnosis logs.
- Provide as needed assistance to both curriculum and clinical coordinators.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Deans.
- Update all forms, documents, catchment area maps, booklists, tutorials, PowerPoints, Manuals, Scheduling Grids, etc. for each new academic school year.
- Work with the Deans Executive Assistant yearly to pull data for the Deans letters.
- Pull data for designated Grant projects.
- Track CME credit for on-site and off-site faculty and preceptors.
- Run Evaluation reports by Preceptor and Student.
- Keep the Community Partners Google Grand Rounds calendars up to date.
- Act as Back up for the Campus Coordinator for tracking Grades.
- Attend and contribute to monthly Regional Education Coordinators conference.
- Assist faculty, staff, administration, and students with requested data reports.
- Assists with Faculty Ranking applications and Preceptor recognition certificates and swag.
- Records minutes at assigned meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 5 years office setting work experience.
- Familiarity with higher education/academic medicine is beneficial.
- Prior experience in curricular design/assessment and clinical rotations.
- The position requires excellent software knowledge/capability (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.). Emphasis on Excel skills - must be able to do a Pivot Tables, Concatenate, VLOOKUP, and Macros.
- Needs to be a quick learner.
- Should have experience with
- data tracking/ assessment
and project management, proofreading and editing;
- in a highly
productive and fast paced environment;
- working for/with several people simultaneously;
- working independently and in a team environment;
- with managing multiple deadlines and priorities; and
- extensive Excel abilities and knowledge.
- data tracking/ assessment
- Strong interpersonal communications; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Advanced proofing and editing skills.
- Advanced computer skills (keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation development, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills; and general office skills are necessary.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Distance Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa