SOMA - Clinical Education Coordinator
A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) is seeking applications for a Clinical Educational Coordinator on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This is an hourly, non-exempt position and will report to the Clinical Education Department team.
- Provides support to the ATSU-SOMA Clinical Education Department
(CED), Regional Directors of Medical Education (RDMEs) and
Community Health Center SOMA Administrative Assistants and OMSIII
and OMSIV students by assisting
the Assistant Dean of Clinical Education, Assessments and Outcomes.
- Assists all students with changes and maintenance of all clinical experiences and rotation assignments.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Department on all staff and University projects.
- Ensures All OMS III and OMS IV students secure, schedule and complete CORE and elective clinical rotations as required by the ATSU-SOMA curriculum.
- Continuously monitors and supports Community Campus deliverables from RDMEs and AAs for both academic and administrative requirements. (SOMA Google Scheduling Grid)
- Maintains accurate and organized rotation records for the students in the confidential manner, ensuring ethical and legal guidelines are maintained.
- Works with students, faculty, preceptors, and rotation site support personnel in a professional manner to coordinate changes and/or modifications to rotations or schedules. Supplies courteous customer service.
- Manages student evaluations and grades to assure that all graduation requirements are being met.
- Provides prompt and accurate feedback to administration regarding deficiencies in performance or professionalism.
- Preforms credentialing /verification of preceptors, adjunct faculty, and faculty.
- Follows up on Evaluations - CRE, SER, Professionalism, “On the Fly” and Praise.
- Provides prompt and accurate feedback to administration regarding concerns with a rotation site or student evaluation of a preceptor (SER).
- Serves as a liaison between faculty, preceptors, and students on a range of academic, administrative and/or personal issues as required.
- Manages external and international rotation application and VSAS rotations.
- Submits Letters of good standing through Google docs.
- Attends all meeting pertaining to the Clinical Education Department, SOMA Staff and CHC administrative Assistants.
- Helps to monitor Evaluation email account.
- Helps to monitor VSAS LOR account.
- Tracks rotation fees on Payment Grid – submits student paperwork to Student Accounts.
- Offers coverage to team members while on vacation or sick leave.
- Other duties assigned.
- Excellent computer skills required to set up document formats in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, and any other software program required by the position. Able to type at least 45 words per minute.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Follows directions and works well under pressure.
- Ability to interact with administration, faculty, staff, students, and public in a professional manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Think outside the box. Research to find answers to problems encountered.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet necessary deadlines.
- Must be able to work well in a TEAM environment.
- Ability to manage detail-oriented assignments and be flexible with job assignments.
- Must be dependable.
- Quick learner.
- Self motivated.