Instructor of Medical Professions/PCT
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time Instructor of Medical Professions to begin August 2021. This is a 10-month grant funded provisional position located at the Lonoke Business & Career Academy.
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of the discipline to share in the teaching of secondary and post-secondary students. Courses taught include Foundations of Medical Professions, Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology and Personal Care Technician.
The individual hired will:
• Provide instruction on introductory medical careers.
• Provide instruction on curriculum for Personal Care Technician
• Supervise clinical and lab activities.
• Take daily attendance of students and record attendance.
• Record grades and ability to assess student performance.
• Cultivate relationships with area medical facilities to enhance clinical opportunities.
• Establish relationships with the advisory committee membership to achieve department and college goals.
• Achieve program recruitment goals to ensure a minimum annual program enrollment of at least 40 students.
• Work closely with the Regional Career Center Director and Dean of Career Education to achieve recruitment and program goals.
• Assist with fundraising and grant writing for the medical professions program.
• Ability to create lesson plans and program level outcomes and carry them out effectively as well as follow written curriculum.
• Ability to work with students having a wide range of abilities and skills levels.
• Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus Management, and Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
• Maintain a safe learning environment in the lab area.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and community engagement.
Required Education and/or Experience: The candidate must hold an LPN license and have 4 or more years of experience working in a nursing or medical profession atmosphere. The selected candidate must be able to pass a local and federal background check per ADE policy.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree in Nursing; plus, (2) two or more years’ of work related experience in high school instruction, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work related experience.