Exercise Science Faculty & Program Director
The University of Saint Mary is a Roman Catholic, liberal arts university located in Leavenworth, Kansas, just 25 minutes away from Kansas City. For over 90 years, the University of Saint Mary has helped students find their way to meaningful lives and careers through an education that blends the liberal arts and a focus on critical thinking with the development of key professional skills. USM serves about 1,400 students at its main campus in Leavenworth, its satellite location in Overland Park, as well as online.
The Exercise Science faculty position teaches and advises in the Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science program. Program director responsibilities include developing the curriculum, managing the exercise physiology lab, oversight and leadership for full-time and adjunct faculty, developing reliable and valid assessment metrics for analyzing student learning and program success and assists exercise science students seeking a career in exercise science or pursuing graduate studies in areas of healthcare.
- Oversee the on-ground and on-line exercise science program.
- Teach courses within the exercise science program or related programs, including in the exercise physiology lab.
- Advise and/or mentor students through posted office hours, electronic communications, and other appropriate methods.
- Contribute to the curricular development of the exercise science program.
- Secure adjunct professors for teaching in the curriculum.
- Contribute to university and program assessment.
- Actively participate in university meetings and/or committees, or task forces.
- Participate in setting program goals, in developing budgets that support the goals, and in planning for achieving those goals.
- Participate in college-related activities such as registration, student recruitment, student retention, and faculty selection.
- Assist with the development of course schedules each semester.
- Review course syllabi for inclusion of exercise science knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Manage the disciplines’ budget per university procedures.
- Participate in University service and professional development.
- Establish and maintain internship sites for the exercise science program.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned by the Division Chair.
- Earned doctoral degree in an area of study that compliments the program.
- Prior or current full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level.
- Previous experience working in an exercise physiology laboratory.
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Affinity with the overall mission of the University of Saint Mary.