Instructor of Medical Professions/CNA
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time Instructor of Medical Professions to begin August 2021. This is a 10-month grant funded provisional position.
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of the discipline to share in the teaching secondary and post-secondary students. Courses taught include Foundations of Medical Professions and CNA.
The individual hired will:
• Provide instruction on introductory medical careers.
• Provide instruction on curriculum for Certified Nursing Assistant
• Supervise clinical and lab activities.
• Take daily attendance of students and record attendance.
• Record grades and ability to assess student performance.
• Cultivate relationships with area medical facilities to enhance clinical opportunities.
• Cultivate relationships with the advisory committee membership to achieve department and college goals.
• Achieve program recruitment goals to ensure a minimum annual program enrollment of at least 40 students.
• Work closely with the Regional Career Center Director and Dean of Career Education to achieve recruitment and program goals.
• Assist with fundraising and grant writing for the medical professions program.
• Ability to create lesson plans and program level outcomes and carry them out effectively as well as follow written curriculum.
• Ability to work with students having a wide range of abilities and skills levels.
• Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus Management, and Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
• Maintain a safe learning environment in the lab area.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and community.
Required Education and/or Experience: Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) license with 4 or more years of experience working as an LPN. 1 year of Long Term Health Care Experience within the last 5 years.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree in a health profession career.