Instructor of Emergency Medical Technician
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time Instructor of EMT to begin August 2021. This is a 10-month grant funded provisional position.
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of the discipline to share in the teaching of secondary and post-secondary students. Courses taught include Emergency Medical Technician 1 and Medical Technician 2 with the goal of preparing students to sit for a national certification.
The individual hired will:
• Prepare and read over assigned lesson plans to present to students.
• Present lesson plans to students.
• Administer and grade tests and assignments of students.
• Advise students.
• Order needed supplies to teach required material.
• Work with supervisor regarding materials being presented and problems encountered.
• Provide clinical supervision of client care by students.
• Make clinical assignments for students based upon students’ knowledge base and abilities.
• Calculate and report student grades according to college policy.
• Collaborate with faculty on curriculum updates.
• Attend faculty meetings and division meetings.
• Travel to other campuses and off-site locations as needed for teaching, meetings and to recruit.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: Associate’s Degree; Nationally Registered Paramedic with valid Arkansas Licensure; 2 years related experience and/or training. (One-year appointment considered for candidates meeting all qualifications except for Associate’s Degree, with reappointment contingent upon completion of degree within 1 year.)