Instructor of Diesel Farm and Truck Repair
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time Instructor of Farm and Truck Diesel Repair to begin August 2021. This is a 10 month grant funded provisional position and located at the Lonoke Business and Career Academy.
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of the discipline to share in the teaching of secondary and post-secondary students. Courses taught include Medium/Heavy Brake/Drive Train, Medium/Heavy Electrical Systems/HVAC, Medium/Heavy Steering & Suspension/Hydraulics and Medium/Heavy Diesel Engines/CAB.
The individual hired will:
• Provide instruction in entry level Diesel careers.
• Provide instruction on curriculum for repairing truck and farm equipment.
• Supervise repair lab activities.
• Take daily attendance of students and record attendance.
• Record grades and ability to assess student performance.
• Cultivate relationships with area business and industry partners to enhance job opportunities.
• Establish relationships with the advisory committee membership to achieve department and college goals.
• Achieve program recruitment goals to ensure a minimum annual program enrollment of at least 40 students.
• Work closely with the Regional Career Center Director and Dean of Career Education to achieve recruitment and program goals.
• Assist with fundraising and grant writing for the diesel repair program.
• Ability to create lesson plans and program level outcomes and carry them out effectively as well as follow written curriculum.
• Ability to work with students having a wide range of abilities and skills levels.
• Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus Management, and Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
• Maintain a safe learning environment in the lab area.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and community engagement.
Required Education and/or Experience: The candidate must 4 or more years of experience working in the diesel repair industry. The selected candidate must be able to pass a local and federal background check per ADE policy.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree in Diesel Repair; plus, (2) two or more years’ of work related experience working within the industry area being taught, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work related experience.