Director of Admissions
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Director of Admissions will provide vision, leadership, and direction to the planning, budgeting, administration and evaluation of recruitment and admissions processes. This position will be responsible for enhancing enrollment opportunities with K-12 and community partners through innovative initiatives and data-driven assessment. Additionally, this position will work collaboratively with other stakeholders at the college regarding the growth and expansion of enrollment initiatives related to marketing, division and program-specific recruitment, and new student onboarding and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides leadership and strategic direction for the Office of Admissions including the functions of recruitment, admissions processing, and onboarding.
2. Supervises admissions and recruitment staff at multiple campus locations.
3. Develops and implements measurable recruitment plans to meet enrollment targets in collaboration with stakeholders and related functional areas.
4. Manage the departmental budget for all areas of responsibility.
5. Establish a rapport and maintain working relationships with individuals key to the continual recruitment of traditional, non-traditional, online, international, transfer, concurrent, and non-credit students. Maintain open lines of communication and seek feedback regarding possible avenues of improvement and better practices to serve the local communities and school districts.
6. Coordinates and manages student recruitment correspondence and messaging from the office of Admissions.
7. Develops annual admissions forecasts and predictive enrollment models based on local, state, and national data. Continually assess and evaluate reports and data based on prior terms and academic years.
Required Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree required in higher education administration, leadership, or human relations.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: Five years of management experience in Student Services including student recruitment experience at a two-year college.