Senior Custodian (Facilities)- Riverside City College (4 Positions)
Senior Custodian (Facilities)- Riverside City College (4 Positions)
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
$3,712 - $4,519
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Under the supervision of the area Manager, provides leadership in the areas of custodial maintenance as directed.
PROVIDES WORK OR LEAD DIRECTION TO:
Custodians and Short-Term employees.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
At least three years of full-time custodial experience is required. Experience in floor care maintenance is desired. One year as a team leader of custodial personnel is desired.
Methods, materials, chemicals, floor care equipment, and equipment used in janitorial and simple maintenance work are preferred.
Train and direct new custodial personnel in custodial work; operate equipment and tools used in custodial department; maintain all areas of custodial maintenance; communicate and execute assignments directed by the area Managers.
Must have a valid California driver's license and have and maintain an insurable driving record acceptable to the District's insurance carrier.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, grounds crew, other departmental staff.
Requires the ability to exert some physical effort, such as walking, standing and light lifting; dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs and body in the operation of office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs general custodial duties.
2. Maintains restrooms in orderly and sanitary manner.
3. Ensures set up, moving, and arrangement of furniture and equipment is appropriate.
4. Makes emergency responses to all calls and problems as needed; checks voice mail and email to determine whether problem response is required.
5. Covers for Custodians who are absent.
6. Operates wet vacuum, floor machines, and shampoo equipment.
7. Locks and unlocks doors.
8. Stocks delivered supplies to Custodial closets.
9. Works in cooperation with other operations staff installing and maintaining custodial procedures.
10. Facilitates good working relationship with grounds and maintenance staff.
11. May do routine grounds maintenance work as needed.
12. Assist in the planning, scheduling and organization of custodial activities.
13. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
14. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
15. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market St., Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday-Friday 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated start date: June 2021 or after
*It is anticipated that first screening of applications will occur sometime during the 1st or 2nd week of May 2021.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit: