The Division of Enrollment Management at George Mason University invites applications for the position of Salesforce Trainer within the Provost’s Salesforce team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Department:
The Division for Enrollment Management supports core elements of the Mason strategic plan related to enrollment; new student enrollment strategy, retention, and graduation. The mission of the Division for Enrollment Management at George Mason University is to foster student success by connecting students and families to resources that open doors to a world-class education and the opportunities fundamental to the Mason student experience. The division strives to provide quality, timely, and efficient student service from recruitment through graduation and to collaborate with members of the Mason community in support of the University vision and strategic plan.
About the Position:
The Salesforce Trainer position is a key member of the enrollment management division, identifying and developing strategic training programs encompassing basic and advanced client services for the use of the Salesforce environment within the Enrollment Division, and extending across the Salesforce user base at Mason. In addition to leading the training efforts for a large and diverse user base, the Salesforce Trainer will lead the documentation effort for the current and future state of the enrollment division’s Salesforce usage. The Salesforce Trainer must have a strong understanding of Salesforce and the system’s capabilities.
Reporting to the Salesforce Communications Analyst, the Salesforce trainer is responsible for day to day support and maintenance of Mason’s Salesforce platform, along with a strong connection to the partner offices in the division such as Admissions (Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions), Financial Aid, and the Mason Student Services Center. Further, this role will provide support to other users of Mason’s Salesforce platform, including ADVANCE, Orientation, and other areas of University Life. This role will collaborate with ITS staff, client stakeholders, and end users to support an understanding of the Salesforce operations and usage. The successful individual will be a creative thinker, have intellectual curiosity, and a competitive spirit in order to bring innovation and excellence to this key role.
- Create custom training programs to support current Mason’s enrollment focused Salesforce processes, as well as, new processes being developed within the division;
- Develop documentation to afford system users with an in-depth understanding of the available tools and processes available within the Salesforce environment;
- Establish and implement best-practice procedures/training for customers and internal staff to ensure consistent usage and data integrity;
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Salesforce core application, as well as a general understanding of connected tools;
- Keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality in order to provide recommendations for operational improvements;
- Work with divisional teams to develop and maintain a train the trainer model;
- Disseminates timely updates and critical information to staff;
- Serves as a contact point for issues related to training and documentation;
- Represent the university and Division of Enrollment Management in a positive, professional manner;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience using Salesforce, and a proven deep technical understanding of the platform and its capabilities (2-3 years preferred);
- Training and documentation experience with a variety of delivery modalities including, but not limited to in-person, Webinars, Salesforce Chatter, Salesforce Trailhead, Video, Email, Webinars, and self-guided How-To manuals (1-3 years preferred);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly as it relates to explaining both simple and complex technical concepts to technical and non-technically focused employees;
- Ability to manage change effectively and work with teams that collaborate with university stakeholders;
- Experience creating a software training and usage plan, both in-person and remote
- Strong research and troubleshooting skills;
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds;
- Must be able to meet expectations independently, in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment;
- Experience working with and collaborating with a variety of diverse stakeholders;
- A proven desire to consistently provide quality customer service.
- Hold a Salesforce Administrator certification;
- Experience working within a university setting;
- Knowledge of general university policies and procedures;
- Experience with Ellucian’s Banner;
- Experience with technical writing and editing.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02983z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Research Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax