Position Title: Staff Accountant
Department: Business Office
Under the supervision of the Senior Staff Accountant, this administrator will assist in a wide variety of accounting and financial responsibilities.
- Prepare and processes daily journal entries for university cash receipts and disbursements to the general ledger system.
- Perform daily analysis and reconciliations of various financial accounts, bank accounts, and credit card systems.
- Prepare and process fund transfers between various University programs.
- Prepare, review and enter various journal entries into the general ledger system.
- Perform monthly bank account and petty cash account reconciliations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level and responsibilities of the position.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of general accounting experience as well as an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent mathematical, accounting and analytical skills to perform daily tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Higher education and Ellucian/Banner experience preferred.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and take pride in their work.
- Ability to work under pressure and to multitask.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work confidentially and with discretion and always maintaining professionalism when working with both internal and external users.
University of New Haven Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Vision
The University of New Haven is a diverse institution that celebrates, respects, and values individuals of all social identities. We believe that as members of the university community, our socio-cultural differences ignite intellectual growth and foster a culture of understanding that embraces our ever-changing society.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 2 references that will be held in the strictest of confidence to our Human Resources department at email@example.com. Please make sure to reference Search # 21-13A in the subject line.
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Apply for Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly