Research Technician II
A Research Technician II position is immediately available in the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute. The projects focus on finding therapeutic targets for neurodegenerative diseases, by combining genomic tools with disease models in cells, Drosophila, and mice. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and eager to conduct independent research. The hired person will learn basic biochemical, molecular biology and genetic tools commonly used in all labs. They will have the opportunity to perform state of the art techniques in behavioral testing, immune detection and genomic sequencing.
Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments independently.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Cleans equipment and work area.
- Assists in the preparation of laboratory reports, figures and publications.
- Genetic corsses using Drosophila melanogaster and strain maintenance.
- Cell culture maintenance.
- Statistical analysis of behavioral data.
- Immunofluorescence staining of cultured cells, Drosophila and mouse tissue.
- Biochemical techniques (e.g. Western Blotting) in cells, Drosophila and mouse tissue.
- Prepare RNA /DNA for transcriptomic or genomic analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston