Research Coordinator I
The Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is seeking a Research Coordinator I that will coordinate cutting-edge research within our department. The Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is located in the Texas Medical Center, and continues to advance their research through a number of funded investigators.
The Research Coordinator I will collaborate with a team of other Research Coordinators to ensure the successful execution of human subjects research protocols, and clinical trials within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. The Research Coordinator I will be responsible for conducting screening, enrollment, and follow up visit procedures for human subjects associated with IRB-approved protocols and perform appropriate data entry.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database. May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field will be considered in lieu of the required experience.
- One year of experience in a clinical setting. Experience in a clinical setting is preferred given the nature of sensitive screening questions related to mental health disorders.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston