Assistant Director (Financial Planning and Reporting)
Durham University is one of the world's top universities with strengths across the Arts and Humanities, Sciences and Social Sciences. We are home to some of the most talented scholars and researchers from around the world who are tackling global issues and making a difference to people's lives. The University sits in a beautiful historic city where it shares ownership of a UNESCO World Heritage Site with Durham Cathedral, the greatest Romanesque building in Western Europe. A collegiate University, Durham recruits outstanding students from across the world and offers an unmatched wider student experience. The Department and Role Purpose It is an exciting time as the new leadership looks to transform the function through the introduction of new technologies to facilitate the next stage in the development of the Service and implement an innovative integrated planning and reporting framework. The Finance Service's role is broad covering management of all of the University's financial matters. We work to support the University in achieving its strategic goals to be financially sustainable and responsible. Our objectives are:-
- To provide pertinent and robust management information, financial advice and appropriate challenge.
- To run agile, responsive and efficient services for financial transactions.
- To ensure financial compliance and accountability
- To provide the highest quality customer service to our stakeholders
- Forecasting and financial modeling
- Financial planning and analysis
- Business Partnering
- Treasury and investment management
- Statutory and management reporting