College Bursar Assistant I
COLLEGE BURSAR ASSISTANT I
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
The Business Office of Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks a College Bursar Assistant I to receive and process tuition payments at the cash terminal and assist with student inquiries regarding their accounts.
- Receives, verifies, and processes cash deposits, tuition payments, and payments of other bills. Prepares the daily bank deposits for armor pick-up.
- Prepares daily cash reports and log sheets for accounts payable.
- Reviews, verifies, and processes vouchers, accepts and disburses funds in accordance with procedural guidelines.
- Matches invoices to purchase orders and requests updates as needed. Reviews vendor accounts.
- Prepares expense report as needed on vendor budgets and researches outstanding accounts. Contacts vendors for outstanding invoices, order updates and other inquiries.
- Processes registration transactions and assists in student registration activities.
- Processes third party transactions.
- Balances daily cash transactions and cashes petty cash warrants.
- Assists students with inquiries regarding their accounts. Reviews system to assess. Match exceptions and problem resolution.
- Assists with data for preparing reports.
- Assists in student registration activities.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Associates Degree is required; supplemented by 2 years of cash handling and accurate record of cash balancing; or an equivalent combination of training or experience.
- Good knowledge of basic accounting principles and techniques. Good knowledge of accounting and auditing terminology. Some knowledge of accounting software a plus.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accounting records. Ability to write simple financial statements and reports. Ability to supervise work of student assistants.
- Good organizational skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills required.
Monday through Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago