Adjunct Instructor - Speech
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – SPEECH
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks part-time faculty to teach speech courses. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Designs courses to meet learning outcomes and promotes students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employs a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of student learning outcomes for the course.
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals and fosters a safe environment that respects the diversity of individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contributes to and provides leadership in academic and professional communities and promotes collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Master's Degree in Communications, Speech, OR Theatre Arts.
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse group of students and staff required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents for review:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Legible copy of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be provided at time of interview)
- Two letters of recommendation
If size limits prohibit you from attaching your documents, please email required attachments to WR_HR@ccc.edu .
- Seeking candidate to teach remote Speech 101 course for Fall 2021.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!