Assistant Director-Financial Aid
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - FINANCIAL AID
Olive-Harvey College is looking for an Assistant Director of Financial Aid to assist in managing the college's comprehensive financial aid programs. The Assistant Director of Financial Aid plays an integral role in the College Financial Aid Department, adding leadership support to our financial aid team. You will be working to lead the department in providing excellent customer service and support to our large, diverse student population. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with the student body and help Olive-Harvey College achieve our mission to support student success.
- Assists with monitoring of Federal and State Aid programs.
- Assists in the billing and collection of student accounts including third party payments.
- Assists in the coordination of the review and submission of data course enrollments to ICCB, IPEDS,
- Supports work progress and productivity of staff at the seven colleges. Ensures Office of Financial Aid staff provides service excellence to students, their families and the community.
- Establishes and implements financial aid guidelines, policies and procedures, and develops long-range plans that conform to the demands of regulatory agencies, the needs of the district and its students.
- Supports special financial aid programs such as Veteran’s Affairs, Federal Work Study, Direct Loans, French Pastry program, and other scholarship programs.
- Coordinates the Office of Financial Aid’s customer service and public relations campaign. Provides training for college staff in customer service.
- Provides training on financial aid rules and regulations for other college staff responsible for outreach activities. Develops and organizes materials for training in mandatory Federal and State guidelines and regulations.
- Works with the District Director and Office of Information Technology to establish procedures for managing data processing needs.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves escalated inquiries unable to be answered at the college level. Evaluates student eligibility and executes judgment concerning financial aid eligibility.
- Prepares district-wide narrative and statistical reports to ensure compliance with Federal and State funding sources. Generates financial aid reports for college use in the processing of student financial aid.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field plus at least 2 years of senior level experience in the area of student financial aid.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to student financial aid.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs, MAPNET, COD, and NSLDS.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago