Sponsored Programs Specialist
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Grants and Contracts Associate Position's Functional Title Sponsored Programs Specialist Position Start Date 05/17/2021 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University is seeking to hire a Sponsored Programs Specialist to work with the Director to provide guidance for the management of externally funded grants and contracts as the lead non-financial post award position within the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research. This position compiles complex data reports for submission to university administration, faculty, and funding agencies. Additionally, this position assists with compliance related data collection and provides leadership in the implementation of grant management software and tools and electronic records. This position interacts with various administration officials, deans, chairs, faculty and sponsors and reports to the Director of OSPR .
10% Facilitate the set-up of new accounts with Principal Investigator (PI) and Financial Research Administrator.
20% Prepare and update reports for PIs to monitor ongoing forecast of funds available throughout grant period including forecasting to anticipate deficits/surpluses. Ensure that charges are allocated to the appropriate project and resolve accounting and reporting issues as necessary.
25% Work closely with Financial Research Administrator and Assistant controller to ensure appropriate budget expenditures. Review budgets including the appropriateness of salary amounts, fringe benefits, and indirect cost rates, and ensure that actual expenditures are charged properly and in accordance with approved budget. Create and submit salary workflow requests and coordinate invoicing. Review and monitor individual grants and related transactions for compliance with private, local, state and federal requirements; Provide support to resolve complex accounting issues including project over runs, and accelerated spending and grant expiration dates.
10% Provide data and support to Financial Research Administrator for interim and final financial reports for sponsors, including cost share reports. Preparation of sponsor financial reports includes analysis of project budgets; expenditures; encumbrances and receivables. Provide support for grant and contract close out function including revenue/expense analysis.
10% Produce time and effort reporting with Assistant Director of Research Compliance, keeping Human Resources and Financial Services updated on discrepancies.
5% Report to the Director of OSPR regarding the contracting, fiscal, personnel and programmatic status of all Grants, and assists Director to resolve issues as needed. Provide technical support for interpretation of regulations and reporting requirement.
5% Maintain post award files in a systematic and standard format in the grants drive in line with OSPR file management guidance.
5% Track pending new agreements and subawards be executed.
5% Verify new award/contract information including funding source and billing information requirements.
5% Develop training for faculty and staff for related to in demand post award topics.
Other Responsibilities :
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and aiding when needed;
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to requests for service and information;
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities and roles;
• Available for special projects as requested by Director;
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience, with post award management and financial transactions (e.g. budget revisions, purchasing, accounts payable, travel, salary allocations).
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Grant Uniform Guidance.
• Strong interpersonal skills (listening skills, problem solving, confidence etc.), ability to multi-task with emphasis on customer service.
• Reporting functions are completed accurately and timely, and in accordance with established policies and federal and state regulations.
• Effective working relations with OSPR, FS, and other personnel. New accounts are set up and managed appropriately and PIs are well informed.
• The department’s professional reputation is maintained.
Salary Range: $66,520.35 to $81,685.00.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
REQUIRED : COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS, WHICH INCLUDES THE EARNED DEGREE AND CONFERRED DATE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
2. One (1) to three (3) years of directly related experience in sponsored programs administration in an university, research foundation, or industry setting.
3. Excellent written communication.
4. Excellent experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
5. Experience with grant management systems and computerized accounting systems.
For more details on this classification visit: www.sucss.illinois.gov
Desired Education and Experience
• Five (5) years of progressive work experience in higher education (University, Community College or State Agency associated with higher education preferred).
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel with advanced skills including extensive work with large data sets and the ability to create Microsoft Excel reports that are dynamic, intuitive, and easily interpretable for a range of user types.
• Experienced knowledge of Colleague university accounting and data system.
• Aptitude for databases, data retrieval, analysis and reporting with experience extracting and standardizing inconsistent data from disparate data sources and identify potential cause-effect relationships.
• Effective project management, time management, and positive interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, build effective working relationships, work effectively with University leadership and faculty.
• Excellent written communication.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Certified FRA preferred.
Posting Date 04/15/2021 Closing Date 04/25/2021 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0509P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5912 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT :
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: All College/University Transcripts.
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation
- Certification/Professional License
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest