Dental Hygiene Program Instructor
Full-time, 11-month faculty position responsible for teaching Dental Hygiene classes, providing leadership in the planning and coordinating of the Dental Hygiene Program, and assisting in the development of curriculum and supervision of program instructors. Position starts immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides instruction in accordance with the South Florida State College General Job Description for Instructional Faculty.
- Provides leadership in planning and coordinating the dental hygiene clinic with the Chair, Dental Education, including development, evaluation, and revision of clinical dental hygiene curriculum.
- Assists in the planning, operation, and assessment of program facilities.
- Participates in determining program admission criteria and procedures.
- Maintains communications with community dental professionals as a member of the Dental Education Advisory Committee.
- Establishes off-campus clinical rotations and expanded duties for program participants.
- Orders supplies and equipment in a timely manner to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Assists in the supervision and scheduling of adjunct clinical and laboratory faculty.
- Ensures that faculty and students adhere to guidelines suggested by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Florida Board of Dentistry, the American Dental Association, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention involving radiation safety, blood borne pathogens, and sterilization procedures.
- Assists the Chair, Dental Education with CODA accreditation self-study reports.
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SFSC is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Educational: Minimum of a Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution and an Associate degree in Dental Hygiene from a CODA-accredited dental hygiene program required.
Please submit unofficial copies of your transcripts for review. You will be allowed to do this during the application process or you may login in at a later time and upload them as "additional documents".
Experiential: Minimum two (2) years' professional clinical experience required.
Other: Current U.S. licensure as dental hygienist (eligible for Florida) required. Current Florida certification to administer local anesthesia required.
Instructional Supervisor: Professor, Dental Hygiene/Chair, Dental Education
Supervises: Adjunct Faculty and Students
Posting Date: April 15, 2021
Starting Annual Salary Range: Master's degree-$47,560-$53,267; Master's + 30-$49,490-$55,429; Doctorate-$53,059-$59,426
Application Review Begins: May 16, 2021
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please visit https://sfsc.interviewexchange.com.