New Brunswick Center Program Advocate
SALARY: $25.00 per hour
OPENING DATE: 4/15/2021
CLOSING DATE: 5/6/2021 11:59 p.m.
UNIT: Grants and Special Projects
DEPARTMENT: New Brunswick Center
REPORTS TO: Director, New Brunswick Center
- Works closely with Director and Continuing Education department to coordinate in-person and/or virtual meetings with community partners to identify and recruit adult students.
- Coordinates and leads meeting and group presentations at key locations throughout New Brunswick and surrounding areas to promote Middlesex College and the Healthcare apprenticeship programs to participants, community partners, professional organizations, and employers.
- Assists College staff with various phases of apprenticeship program, including site visits with employers. Helps to identify barriers to training and facilitates program support including access to study space, non-credit ESL (English As a Second Language) courses, access to ESL lab on the Edison main campus, tutoring services, childcare, transportation, technology, food, immigration support etc.,
- Communicates proactively with students and program providers throughout all phases of the student experience.
- Assists students with understanding and completing program documents, assessment, and related items.
- Familiarizes students with technology and/or schedules technology training sessions, or helps students or potential students register for computer confidence courses.
- Coordinates pre- and post-program assessments. Works closely with instructors and tutors to schedule reviews, study groups and tutoring sessions. Stays current with program learning outcomes and communicates those regularly with students, working closely with instructors, tutors, and the program team to support student progress.
- Coordinates presentation from Middlesex College staff for students wanting to pursue Allied Health majors covering wide range of topics, including admission criteria, financial aid options, college resources, counseling services, and career development.
- Assists students with meeting Financial Aid deadlines and regulations, and actively refers students to support services.
- Collects and maintains program data, and makes presentations.
- Coordinates group or virtual sessions for students to learn about student planning and Middlesex College resources.
- Assists with translation of forms, promotional materials, and marketing for all phases of the program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree
- Three years’ experience in education, human services, or vocational rehabilitation
- Two years’ experience in academic advising, career placement, or apprenticeships, grants, or programs serving immigrant populations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Zoom Conference platform
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with apprenticeship programs or healthcare externships and thorough familiarity with New Brunswick area service providers
- Experience working with underserved populations and immigrant communities
- Knowledge of resources available to students who do not qualify for traditional financial aid
- Ability to make formal presentations in English and Spanish
- Flexible work schedule to represent Middlesex College at evening and weekend events
- Experience with work training grants
SCHEDULE: One part-time position available - 25 hours per week (two days in office)
Must have transportation
Occasional evenings and weekends
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison