Assistant Professor - Sports and Recreation Management
Since 1962, Franklin Pierce University has empowered thousands of undergraduate and graduate students to achieve academic excellence and lead meaningful, successful lives. Drawing from our strong foundation in liberal education, we offer majors and programs that develop essential, professional skills; promote close connections between students, faculty members, and staff; and position our students to realize their potential through highly personalized, financially accessible academic offerings.
Franklin Pierce encompasses a far-reaching geographic and virtual network educating a diverse population of residential undergraduates, online learners, and full-time graduate students through our main campus in Rindge, NH, and online and graduate centers in Manchester, and Lebanon, (NH), and Goodyear, AZ. We continue to explore new models and programs that build on our legacy of excellence and help students expand their knowledge, direct their passions, and graduate as qualified, engaged leaders.
The College of Business at Franklin Pierce University, Rindge, NH, seeks applications for a full-time Assistant Professor of Sports and Recreation Management, commencing August 2021. Joining the College of Business faculty, you will conduct teaching and advising duties in the Sports and Recreation Program and in the College of Business. You will provide vision and leadership focused both on-campus and with external constituencies. You will have a commitment to active learning, assess learning outcomes, and mentor students toward successful graduation.
All full-time members of the faculty are expected to contribute to the Program, College, and University events and activities. The candidate will also demonstrate teaching effectiveness at the college level and exhibit a strong commitment to undergraduate education, learning, and advising. All faculty positions are expected to engage in institutional service as well as maintain a program of scholarly/creative work. The successful candidate will provide vision and leadership focused both on-campus and with external constituencies.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At the time of appointment, you must hold a terminal degree in Sports Management, Recreation, Sports/Recreation Administration, Leisure Services, or a closely related field.
- Evidence of professional experience in sports and recreation management, marketing, and/or administration is preferred.
- Evidence of outreach or relationship building with external constituents is required.
- Research experience or relevant certification in sports and recreation & sports science, supplemented by a solid track record of teaching and research in the context of a multidisciplinary Sports and Recreation program is highly desirable.
- You will be able to demonstrate evidence of effective college/university teaching experience, both face-to-face and on-line.
- Have an ability to work effectively with a diverse student and faculty population.
- As a faculty member, you are required to show evidence of scholarship, and all faculty are expected to engage in institutional service as well as maintain a program of scholarly/creative work.
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, and tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Confidential screening of applications will continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate will begin at the start of the 2021-2022 academic year.