Senior Associate Dean of Finance and Administration
University Code 18511 University Title Assistant Vice President, Finance University Job Family Financial Services ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search National Working Title Senior Associate Dean of Finance and Administration Position Number FA3090 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group Executive & Senior Level Leadership Department Dean's Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Position primary purpose:
Reporting directly to the Dean of the College of Health Professions ( CHP ), this senior executive level position advises the CHP Dean on operations, space, and finance related matters for 9 academic departments, the Virginia Center on Aging and central administrative offices of the College.
This position is responsible for the CHP’s university budgeting, financial management and oversight. Additionally, the scope of this position includes CHP personnel management, technology services and facilities/space planning to support the missions of education, research and service. This position serves on the Dean’s Leadership team and builds relationships with colleagues in the CHP and across the University and VCU Health to carry out the responsibilities of the role. This individual also provides institutional leadership in the administration of VCU’s educational and research missions, and VCU’s policy, administration and financial activities.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree in business administration or accounting/finance and a minimum 7 to 10 years’ progressive experience in finance and education administration or equivalent education/experience in a university or comparable setting.
• A solid grasp of the challenging issues facing academic health care programs today as well as the dynamics of major research universities.
• Strong business acumen, with both a demonstrated understanding of and experience handling the complex financial pressures facing higher public education.
• Experience in financial systems, financial modeling and sophisticated analysis required.
• Demonstrated understanding of the role and use of technology in higher education including large databases, services support models and complex administrative systems.
• The ability to work effectively with diverse groups, resolve conflict, build strong collaborations and manage ambiguity.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead the development of mutually beneficial relationships within CHP, the university and outside constituencies.
• Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, planning and project decision facilitation skills required to meet deliverables in a team-oriented culture.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and critical thinking and quantitative skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments/projects, timelines and to identify project interdependencies, resource needs, potential risks/pitfalls and mitigation plans.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as an employee at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Working knowledge of university and state budgeting processes, state procurement, state and federal compliance policies, and human resources procedures.
• Experience in academic health sciences administration.
• Experience with fiscal research administration and compliance, charitable foundations, and student enrollment management.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience and qualifications Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday- Friday Job Open Date 04/15/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105093 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond