Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job Title Assistant Athletic Trainer Posting Number S881P Classification Title
Administer a comprehensive sports medicine program for University intercollegiate sports. The Athletic Trainer will also perform professional and administrative services as assigned (continuing education/injury tracking, policies and procedures/inventory, insurance claims/athletic training student scheduling etc.) essential for the successful implementation and development of the program. This is a 40 hour / 12 month position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
2. Understand and agree to abide by the NATA Code of Ethics and the BOC Standards of Professional practice.
3. Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
4. Develop overall sports medicine program for the University, including injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student-athletes.
5. Educate athletes on basic fitness, nutrition, and conditioning programs for student athletes.
6. Provide athletic training services for the University’s athletic department, including attendance at scheduled camps, team practices and home and away competitions, as necessary.
7. Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
8. Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medicine program.
9. Administers first aid to injured athletes as needed.
10. Ability to perform prophylactic and protective taping and bracing techniques.
11. Knowledge and experience with the use of a variety of modalities.
12. Supervises safety factors of athletic competition by ensuring elimination of undue hazards.
13. Regularly checks rehabilitation equipment.
14. Reviews all daily logs, evaluations and/or other pertinent paperwork.
15. Medical coverage of post-season playoff games and tournaments.
16. Certified in CPR and strong knowledge of emergency medical procedures.
17. Collects and files physical forms for every athlete according to NCAA Sports Medicine Policy and Procedures.
18. Coordinate and administer institutional drug testing according to policy and facilitate NCAA year-round drug testing program in coordination with Drug Free Sport personnel.
19. Acts as liaison between athletes, physicians, and health insurance companies.
20. Responsible for coverage for all scheduled camps, games and practices when notified. Remain flexible and positive regarding changes in schedules due to unforeseen circumstances.
21. Maintain up-to-date information of sport regulations, rule changes and NCAA policies. Report any compliance issues regarding countable athletically related activities ( CARA ) or student-athlete welfare.
22. Ensure the physical, emotional and social welfare of student-athletes.
23. Establish a safe environment for student-athletes.
This position could be responsible to be an Approved Clinical Instructor to Athletic Training students in an Entry Level Master’s Program.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Ability to evaluate therapeutic needs for student-athletes, and to fit and modify therapeutic and/or protective equipment.
Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
Skill in the use of first aid procedures.
Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Ability to design and implement fitness, nutrition and/or conditioning programs.
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
Able to be a positive representative of the University at all times.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to travel with teams and work weekends or other extended time away from home.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education. Master’s degree preferred. Certified as an Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification ( BOC ); Familiarity with NCAA governing rules.
Open Date 03/05/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6370 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document