Assistant Director of Housing & Operations
Reporting to the Director of Residential Communities, the Assistant Director of Housing & Operations provides vision, leadership, and management of the operations and facilities management of residence halls and theme houses. The Assistant Director is responsible for the operations of housing assignments, occupancy management, supervision of graduate staff, and housing software.
- Oversee all housing assignments and placements (for fall, spring, and break housing) including new student and transfer placements, residency agreements, applications, housing selection, room changes, waitlist, specialty housing accommodations, withdrawals, damage billing, and off campus appeals. Serves as the primary liaison with Accessibility Services for medical accommodations.
- Coordinate the room selection process, room assignments and all communications regarding housing including but not limited to contracts, room assignments, room changes, cancellations, withdrawals, fee assessments, housing exemptions, and selection processes.
- Manage all aspects of occupancy management including creating and maintain residency reports and statistics (retention numbers); overseeing the petition process for students update and maintain databases; managing the meal plan process; providing leadership on technological advances for processes and systems.
- Oversee the room condition process for students, including oversight of the room condition form process, damage billing process, roommate agreements. ensure that health & safety inspections are conducted by staff on a regular basis. fire safety stuff ( coordinate fire drills etc.)
- Working knowledge of housing operations, assignments, residential life functions, education trends and philosophies, student development theory, federal requirements, and safety codes related to housing, student conduct, and due process.
- Act as a primary point of contact for parent inquiries regarding their students' living environment and adjustment to residence hall life. Respond to student resident and parent needs and concerns.
- Serve as liaison to facilities/maintenance and housekeeping to provide the desired environment and prompt attention to physical conditions
- Maintains database of residence hall furniture and cosmetic work and ensures regular upkeep and condition of residential facilities.
- Collaborates with Director on marketing for Housing & Residential Life operations
- Ability to relate successfully in one-on-one and group situations with persons representing diverse social and cultural identities and interest.
- Management of keys, fobs, and processing lock changes
- Work with Physical Plant to manage proper residence hall turnover.
- Ability to develop and initiate change management initiatives that streamline and modernize student services.
- Directly supervises 3-5 Graduate Resident Directors.
- Participate in administrator on-call rotation and respond to emergencies and crises.
- Assist with central office tasks like attending weekly staff meetings, participate in divisional committees.
- Bachelors required; Master's preferred
- At least 2-3 years' experience in a college or university residential environment that includes housing operations, conferences, or related administrative skills.
- Experience with Residence by Simplicity housing software and Banner.
- Computer proficiency, including working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred