Testing Technician II
Title: Testing Technician II
Number of Positions: 1
Position #: 600330
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Academic Testing
Basic Job Summary: The overall purpose of this job is: The Testing Center is responsible for the testing activities of PSCC. These primarily include administering exams, proctoring and properly securing test materials. We administer standardized assessments such as HiSET, CLEP, DSST, HESI, Certiport, etc., class testing for professors including on-line courses, testing for off campus agencies and other colleges and universities.
Required Documents Needed to Upload at Time of Application:
· Unofficial Transcripts
· Three professional references (See below)
Reference check requirements:
· Non-supervisory roles: three (3) current or former supervisors
· Supervisory roles: two (2) current or former supervisors and one (1) current or former direct report
· Personal references (friends, co-workers, clergy, customers, relatives) are not considered acceptable references
About Pellissippi State Community College
Pellissippi State Community College is one of 40 institutions in the Tennessee Board of Regents system. TBR is the governing board of the College System of Tennessee, offering more than 400 programs of study at the state’s 13 community colleges, 27 colleges of applied technology and the online TN eCampus. The college serves an average of 10,000 students, making it the largest community college in Tennessee by enrollment. Pellissippi State Community College offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement programs, time off including annual and sick leave, and much more.
In 2018, Pellissippi State became a member of an Achieve the Dream (ATD) three-year cohort adopting a theme of Start Strong, Stay Strong, Finish Strong for our work. Achieve the Dream has partnered with the program Integrated Student Experience at Pellissippi State (Insteps) to improve the fall-to-fall retention rates for full-time and part-time students by 13% in the next five years. Our vision is to ensure every student who attends Pellissippi State will develop a sense of belonging and confidence in their ability to succeed academically, grow intellectually, and make timely progress towards achieving their educational and vocational goals. If this is something that aligns with your values, we encourage you to apply.
Culture and Diversity
Knoxville claims a wide range of forward thinking national and international talents. The scholarly influence on the Knoxville metropolitan area bred literary greats including James Agee, Cormac McCarthy, and Nikki Giovanni. Knoxville is home to one of the largest sculptures dedicated to an African American in the country. Located in Haley Heritage Square is a 13-foot high bronze statue of author and Pulitzer Prize winner Alex Haley who chose to spend the last several years of his life in Knoxville. Renowned artists Beauford Delaney and Joseph Delaney hailed from Knoxville. Musicians Roy Acuff, Chet Atkins, the Everly Brothers, and RB Morris called Knoxville home during their careers. Women’s suffragist Lizzie Crozier French was active in the ratification of the 19thamendment and was born and raised in Knoxville.
The lasting influence of these artists and activists leaves the Knoxville area as a welcoming area to live and work. More about the area and support groups can be found at Visit Knoxville https://www.visitknoxville.com , the Beck Cultural Exchange Center https://www.beckcenter.net , the Knoxville Urban League https://thekaul.org , Knoxville City https://knoxvilletn.gov , Knox County https://knoxcounty.org , My Knox Village http://myknoxvillage.com/business-directory/wpbdp_category/special-needsdisability-services/ , Knox Pride https://knoxpride.com/equality , Centro Hispano de East TN https://www.centrohispanotn.org , and Knoxville chamber https://www.knoxvillechamber.com
Essential Job Functions:
90% Test Administration
· Operates Testing Centers with or without Testing Technician I (checks in students, pulls student tests, finds passwords, handles student/instructor concerns, seats examinees, helps examinees log-on to computers, starts timing instruments as needed, collects completed tests and testing materials, watches examinees to ensure administration conditions are met in the Testing Centers, etc.).
· Successfully completes requirements necessary to achieve certification to administer a number of standardized exams, such as CLEP, DSST, Pearson-Vue and HISET.
· Explains individual testing requirements to students—procedures and to resolve any misunderstandings using appropriate customer service and management techniques.
· Collaborates with faculty regarding test revisions, availability of tests, and guidelines and testing options for various tests.
- Prepares an Incident Report to document irregularities, testing discrepancies, or dishonesty and forward report and copies of pertinent materials to faculty and Test Supervisor.
- Prepares anIncident Reportto document irregularities, testing discrepancies, or dishonesty and forward report and copies of pertinent materials to faculty and Test Supervisor.
· Maintains an optimal and safe testing environment that adheres to college, standardized and national College Testing (NCTA) standards.
· Collaborates with Supervisor, Test Administrators, and other testing staff regarding improving/changing testing operations, staffing, and updating of Testing Center policies and procedures.
· Provides accommodations to examinees using assistive technology.
· Provides information, clarification and advice to testing staff regarding test delivery, policies, procedures, test retrieval and use of specialized computer testing software.
· Interprets often complicated procedures for administration of proctored tests from other colleges/universities and standardized testing companies; and comprehends delivery methods for several categories of tests, including classroom make-up, Internet, essays, pre-GED, and others. remote/proctored exams delivered paper/pencil or computer- based format.
· Helps maintain security and accountability of test before, during, and after testing in compliance with established guidelines.
· Performs office related duties as required, including answering phones and making test appointments, preparing deposits for testing funds, creating flyers for test schedules and policies, answering test questions, scanning tests or answer sheets, making copies, filing, and faxing/mailing tests/reports.
· Performs other duties as needed.
All employees are expected to engage in strategic institutional efforts related to diversity, equity, and inclusion of marginalized students. T
he College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time.
Key Result Areas:
Administer tests within the established guidelines. No security violations. 95% of tests administered without errors (correct exams, no misfilings/lost tests, complaints, etc.). Student and faculty satisfaction survey must result in 95% or better satisfaction rate.
High School or equivalent is required. One year of experience administering standardized paper/pencil and computer based testing is required. Experience with the use of computer equipment and knowledge of office related skills. Certification training and testing must be completed prior to administering tests that requires such certification (HISET, CLEP, HESI, etc.).Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% credit of full-time work experience.
Note: The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time.
Pay will be determined based on related work experience above required. To be considered in determining pay, all related work experience must be listed on the application. This is a non-exempt level position.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Work experience that is not listed on the application will not be considered towards compensation. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan, upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if needed.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer
If you have any problems or questions please contact Human Resources at Pellissippi State Community College’s Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or by email at email@example.com .
A summary of our benefits can be found at http://www.pstcc.edu/hr/benefits
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the left to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville