Student Financial Services Counselor
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Student Financial Services Counselor supports learning by providing financial aid information and counseling to undergraduate and graduate students at the university, to facilitate the enrollment of students, consistent with the university’s mission, accreditation standards and regulatory guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to three years’ experience in financial aid required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and parents and to develop strong working relationship with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet systems.
- Knowledge of Colleague desired.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Ability to travel when necessary to off-campus evening and weekend events, providing own vehicle.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person and via electronic media.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.