Executive Assistant to the Board of Regents
Position Executive Assistant to the Board of Regents Full Time/Part Time Part Time Job Type Regular Position Summary
The Executive Assistant to the Board of Regents provides high level administrative assistance and support to the members of the Board of Regents and oversees all office functions. Acts as the primary point of contact for both internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office and assists and represents the office principal in communicating with constituents. Researches, prioritizes, and follow-up on multiple issues and concerns addressed to the office principal, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature. Manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have institutional impact.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as primary point of initial contact on any matter directed to the office by University and community constituencies;
• Independently researches and prioritizes incoming issues and determines appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response;
• Performs complex and diverse administrative assistance duties for members of the Board of Regents;
• Posts official notices of meetings in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
• Assembles and distributes meeting materials for members of the Board of Regents and university administration;
• Prepares or edits prepared minutes for regular and special meetings of the Board of Regents and its committees and oversees their posting/distribution;
• Provides members of the Board of Regents with information on rules, regulations, parliamentary procedures, and customs regarding the conduct of Board of Regents and committee meetings;
• Attends virtual and on-and offsite meetings of the Board of Regents;
• Implements and maintains a system of filing and indexing for official records and actions of the Board of Regents;
• Schedules appointments, meetings, and other commitments for individual members of the Board of Regents;
• Informs members of the Board of Regents of important matters arising in their absence and directs their attention to significant correspondence or matters requiring their attention;
• Screens telephone calls and visitors to the Board of Regents Office for urgency and nature of business; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff/offices or personally responds to routine inquiries;
• Receives office mail and reviews items for nature of business and urgency; directs items to members of the Board of Regents and/or appropriate staff or personally responds to routine matters;
• Maintains files for individual members of the Board of Regents;
• Contacts public agencies, public officials, and members of the public on behalf of the members of the Board of Regents; and
• Assists in orienting new members of the Board of Regents by providing information on Board meetings and the business practices, procedures, and activities of the Board of Regents;
• Prepares and processes accounting, budgeting, and purchasing documents related to operations and activities of the Board of Regents;
• Assists in the training and provides guidance to the student member of the Board of Regents in the protocol of Board of Regents membership and basic business practices and procedures;
• Makes transportation, hotel, business and social arrangements for members of the Board of Trustees traveling on university business and prepares and processes expense reimbursement claims for members of the Board of Regents;
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Associate degree and two years of experience administrative assistance managing at least one of the following functional areas: administration, fiscal, and/or human resources; AND two years of additional experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
• Experience with duties and responsibilities outlined may be substituted for education on a year to year basis.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field.
• Experience in Higher Education.
Special Conditions for Eligibility Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
• Ability to create, compose, and edit correspondence and other written materials;
• Records maintenance skills;
• Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills;
• Information research, analysis, and evaluative skills;
• Demonstrated organizational management skills;
• Broad knowledge and understanding of the University and Board of Regents policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of office management principles and procedures;
• Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in working with and on behalf of members of the board of regents;
• Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to public academic institutions;
• Project management skills and the ability to resolve complex problems and issues;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Knowledge of budget preparation and fiscal management.
• Repetitive hand motion and prolonged use of computer;
• Sitting for extended periods of time;
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment;
• Work with frequent interruptions;
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Pay Rate $19,115.00 Work Location/Campus Center Las Vegas, NM Campus EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email email@example.com
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS476P Open Date 04/15/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Three (3) professional references in online application, and; 4) copies of unofficial transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6523 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of Administrative support experience do you
- 10 or more
- Tell us how you maintain constant performance while under time
and work load pressures.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe any previous experience you have working in a
customer service enviornment
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Executive Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Chancellors & Presidents Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Las Vegas