University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.66 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Administrative Coordinator serves as the first point of contact for the Caldwell Complex, providing high quality customer service to clientele, stakeholders, vendors and University of Idaho personnel. This position will provide administrative and financial management support for the Caldwell Complex Superintendent, resident faculty/staff, and CALS Computing staff located throughout the state. In coordination with the Superintendent, the Administrative Coordinator will plan, coordinate and facilitate the day-to-day office and facility operations, including facility repair and maintenance, facility and employee security/safety, technology and communication systems, facility recordkeeping, and vendor/customer relations. This position provides general office support including financial document processing, budget monitoring, data compilations for reports, coordination of facility and employee schedules, and interpretation and compliance with University of Idaho policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum two years professional work experience in office support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception, gathering, compiling and managing data in spreadsheets, and balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects.
• Minimum two years professional work experience with financial support services including maintaining financial records by tracking budgets and expenses, handling cash and other transactions, and processing invoices, purchasing card, travel and reimbursement claims.
• Experience in effective written communications, organizational skills, and interpersonal/customer service skills while working under pressure and among diverse individuals and groups.
• Experience working independently and proactively to solve problems and handle multiple tasks of shifting and competing priorities, while accurately attending to detail.
• College degree in related field or Business School graduate.
• Advanced computer skills such as web design and maintenance, spreadsheet management, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, and web software.
• Experience working with faculty, staff, public and stakeholders at all levels of the university both internal and external.
• Experience using Chrome River, Banner, Argos, VandalWeb.
• Ability to work professionally with people from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish and adapt or translate materials.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002778P
Posting Date: 04/15/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration date for receipt of applications is 04/29/2021.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.