Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
The TMCC Foundation Grants Coordinator works with the Grants Team to effectively and efficiently monitor and administer TMCC federal and state grants, provides oversight on the implementation of awards including reporting, meeting deliverables, allowable costs and other critical requirements to ensure compliance throughout the post-award process.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
2. Two years of experience in a related position with grants administration.
1. Certified Research Administrator (CRA)
2. Grants administration in a college setting
3. Experience in Higher Education
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Create and maintain grant records and files
2. Coordinate with the Controller's office to set up new grants in TMCC's financial management software system (Workday)
3. Update and track grants calendar and communicate with Principal Investigators (PI's) and the Controller's office to ensure that reporting and invoicing deadlines are met
4. Provide support for TMCC Principal Investigators by communicating with funding agencies as needed (i.e. to check for allowability of use of funds, to initiate budget revisions, to submit report documents, and to complete a grant's close-out)
5. Assist PI's with drafting budget revisions to the funding agency for approval, and forward approved budget revisions to the Controller's office to update the grant budget in Workday
6. Effectively coordinate and administer multiple awards
7. Participate in occasional pre-award planning meetings and review grant budgets with the Controller's office before the submission of a proposal
8. Assist with year-end reporting, monitoring visits, and audits
9. Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students.
10. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum $48,298, Salary placement is dependent on education and experience.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached to be given consideration for this position.
- Cover Letter
Conditions of Employment:
This is a Soft Funded position. Renewable contract is contingent upon available funding.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Grants-Coordinator_R0124427-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCC’s five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.