Assistant Professor - Supply Chain Management
UW System Title: Assistant Professor
Start Date: August 23, 2021 Essential Job Functions
The Austin E. Cofrin School of Business at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay seeks applicants for a tenure-track position in Supply Chain Management to be housed in its Department of Business Administration.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teach a variety of courses in the area of Supply Chain Management or general business.
- Courses will be taught both face-to-face and online (in asynchronous and synchronous formats). The specific courses taught may vary from semester to semester, and successful candidates may be required to teach an occasional course at the Marinette, Sheboygan, or Manitowoc Campus.
- Advise students.
- Perform scholarly activities consistent with rank.
- Perform institutional and community service.
- Contribute to ongoing program development of the Austin E. Cofrin School of Business and participate in the AACSB accreditation efforts.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to display a demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and scholarship and a commitment to undergraduate education. The candidate should also possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
- Earned doctorate in Business, or closely related field, from an AACSB accredited institution. ABD candidates will be considered; however, an earned doctorate in Business, or closely related field, from an accredited institution is a necessary condition for contract renewal. ABD candidates will be hired into a terminal appointment at the rank of Instructor with a rate determined at the time of hire. Upon degree conferral during the terminal period, the contracted appointment with the rank of Assistant Professor will be reinstated.
Position is an academic year, tenure-track appointment. Applicants must be considered for tenure and promotion in six years, although tenure decisions may be at any time. Promotion from Assistant to Associate Professor is simultaneous with tenure. Excellence in teaching, sustained scholarly activity, and institutional service required for retention and promotion. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the university does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.Salary Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Please go to the full job posting at https://www.uwgb.edu/human-resources/employment/career-opportunities/assistant-professor-supply-chain-management/ and select the applicable application link.
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions and your ideal faculty position
- Names and contact information for three references
- Unofficial transcripts of all graduate work
- Course Evaluations
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2578
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390). This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Other Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue