ADULT HEALTH/ LEADERSHIP NURSING FACULTY
Department: SNHS – School of Nursing (undergraduate program)
Primary academic responsibilities, including classroom teaching, simulation, and clinical oversight in the undergraduate program. The faculty member will work in collaboration with the other faculty and the Director for the BSN Program. The faculty member may have additional teaching responsibilities in other degree programs depending on education and experience. In addition to teaching and student advisement, faculty have responsibilities associated, scholarship and service.
Professional Track Qualifications:
• RN, MSN, 2-years' medical/surgical clinical experience as an RN required, boardcertified in specialty area preferred.
• PhD. or DNP preferred.
• Experience teaching undergraduate nursing students preferred.
• Provide a student-centered learning environment, which enables students to attain success.
• Maintain program and course outcomes at a level to ensure appropriate workplace skill levels for graduates.
• Reporting concerns regarding student academic progress to Academic Advisors.
• Actively assisting the nursing program in retention efforts.
• Participate in course, program, and institutional assessment as assigned.
• Regularly attending and participating in faculty meetings and continuous improvement sessions.
• Assist Director and or Dean in developing and implementing new programs as assigned.
• Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in technology that apply to the program.
• Maintain open and timely communication with students and the University's e-mail.
• Provide students with appropriate guidance regarding academic excellence and attendance.
• Maintain and submit accurate and timely reports for student grades.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Academic Director or Dean.
• Refer students with questions regarding financial aid, academics, attendance, and personal issues or concerns to the appropriate departments.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of intent and current vita to:
Cynthia Hudson, Dean School of Nursing and Health Sciences,
3225 W. Foster Avenue, Box 22
Chicago, IL 60625
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org After initial screening, references, essays and official transcripts will be required. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Apply for ADULT HEALTH/ LEADERSHIP NURSING FACULTY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly