Instructor 9 Mo of Biology
The Department of Biological Sciences at Arkansas State
University invites applications for a faculty position at the rank
of Instructor, to begin in August 2021. This is a 9-month position
(full-time, untenured), and there are regular opportunities to
teach during the summer terms.
Applicants must provide evidence of a commitment to high-quality teaching. Because the largest segment of the department’s student population aspires for careers in health-related fields, the successful candidate will teach courses in human biology (broadly defined). Specifically, the ability to teach majors and non-majors courses in anatomy and physiology and microbiology is desirable. Instructors are asked to perform service for their respective professions and community, including participation in the management of the University through shared governance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instructors in the Department of Biological Sciences deliver instruction and may be asked to perform service for their respective professions and community, including participation in the management of the University through shared governance
- Each member of the faculty has the duty to deliver instruction and maintain a learning environment consistent with the highest standards of the profession
- The faculty has a responsibility to set program requirements, assess when they are met, and establish and maintain curricula that meet professional standards and fulfill the educational goals of the University
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to teach majors and non-majors courses in anatomy and physiology and microbiology is desirable.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Please note: all position postings close at 12:00 A.M. CST on
the position closing date
Arkansas State University is a comprehensive, state-supported, doctoral university with high research activity (R2). Jonesboro is a community of nearly 75,000 people located in Northeast Arkansas, amidst the Mississippi Alluvial Plain and Crowley’s Ridge ecoregions. We are an hour’s drive from Memphis, Tennessee, and the Ozark Highlands. Jonesboro is a regional center for quality healthcare, has a variety of dining and entertainment options, enjoys a low cost of living, and affords plenty of recreational opportunities.
At the time of hire, the successful applicant must have a M.S.
in biology (or related discipline) with at least 18 semester credit
hours of graduate level content-related coursework. Preference will
be given to applicants having earned a Ph.D. in the biological
sciences, or a terminal degree in a health professions
Please submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a teaching philosophy, a statement of commitment to increasing diversity within the field of biology, and the contact information for at least three references with the application. For any questions, feel free to contact the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Steve Mullin, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin after the position closing date.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in State University
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in State University
- Biology & Life Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in State University