Instructor - Voice and Speech
The Juilliard Drama Division is seeking a teacher of Voice and Speech to join a faculty dedicated to meeting the needs of a diverse student body as they prepare to enter the 21st century field. The training aims to foster in our students the capacity for a dynamic range of vocal expression and transformation and emphasizes the development of flexibility, stamina, specificity, and connection to impulse and breath.
- Teach course(s) covering essential principles of Voice and/or Speech.
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years teaching experience working with actors on Voice and/or Speech
- Commitment to principles of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging, and experience with the application of these principles in a diverse classroom community
- Ability to support both college-age and graduate level students
- Capacity to engage in confidential conversations with sensitivity
- Possession of a spirit of generosity and commitment to artistic integrity and student development
Please submit a curriculum vitae and cover letter describing how your background and experience align with the aims of the position. Also, please briefly describe your pedagogy as it relates to teaching speech to students of different backgrounds.
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.