Advancement Services Coordinator
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
The Advancement Services Coordinator is responsible for a variety of complex support and coordination activities for the administrative aspects of advancement services, and event functions. This individual plays an important role negotiating competing timelines, reporting into the Director of Advancement Services, while also supporting the Institutional Advancement team.
This position requires an individual who is highly detail oriented, with database/CRM experience, preferably familiar with Raiser's Edge and Raiser's Edge NXT. This individual must have strong interpersonal and organizational aptitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to take initiative and work well independently as well as with others on the IA staff and campus-wide, and enjoy working in a multitasked environment. This individual will have access to and use of confidential information pertaining to donors, alumni, and students and must have a good sense of tact and confidentiality.
- Data entry and biographical records management;
- Enter, update and clean data in Raiser's Edge and Raiser's Edge NXT for data health and integrity;
- Run AddressFinder, PhoneFinder, and DeceasedFinder through Raiser's Edge Data Health Center and import/update records with results;
- Manage import processes including (but not limited to) new students and parents, student attributes as received from Athletics, Student Services, etc., converting "current student" to "alumni" and "current parent" to "past parent," and graduate exit and alumni surveys;
- Create and maintain relationship links among constituent records;
- Update deceased records;
- Maintain alumni class notes;
- Maintain solicitation codes via subscribe/unsubscribe requests;
- Conduct general research and maintenance to ensure integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Gift processing using Raiser's Edge database;
- Enter gifts accurately, ensuring that all are coded correctly according to campaign, purpose, gift amount, and any restrictions or split gifts that may apply;
- Make decisions and judgments involving the proper entry, allocation and documentation of gifts;
- Enter matching gifts and match pledge payments accurately to the correct pledges;
- Create soft credit links, when necessary, for spousal gifts, donor advised funds, etc;
- Assign tribute to gifts received in honor or in memory of a constituent
- Process all acknowledgments, including report generation, proofing, printing and mailing;
- Run reports and other exports through Raiser's Edge databases
- Assist with monthly reconciliation between IA and Finance;
- Event and gift management using the Events Module in Raiser's
- Create and maintain events in Raiser's Edge;
- Link gifts to event registrations, where applicable;
- Create and run event reports
- Create and maintain alumni event records in Raiser's Edge;
- Preliminary/basic prospect research using Research Point database, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media venues;
- Accurate proofreading, editing, and fact checking of correspondence and Dean Magazine.
- Assist in creating relationships with alumni through events, correspondences and face-to-face interactions;
- Welcome alumni who drop by the Alumni Relations office.
- Create and maintain campus event records in Raiser's Edge;
- Maintain RSVP lists for campus events and assist with RSVP follow-up when needed;
- Research and prepare nametags and materials for campus events;
- Maintain event invitation e-mail lists ;
- Staff major campus events, which may be outside of regular office hours;
- Participate in department's strategic planning process;
- Post information on Today@Dean;
- Collect and distribute department mail;
- Maintain department's office supplies and giveaway items;
- Assist other advancement staff in the office when needed;
- Some weekend and evening work will be required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred;
- One year experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office, college/university experience a plus
- Database/CRM experience, preferably familiar with Raiser's Edge and Raiser's Edge NXT
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and communication skills
- Expertise in the functional use of Microsoft software (Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, etc.)
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.