NOLS Field Staffing Coordinator
Job Title: NOLS Field Staffing Coordinator
Reports to: Field Staffing Director
Job Objective: Field staffing coordinators work as a collaborative team to support exceptional student experiences through the seasonal hiring and oversight of NOLS field faculty. They work closely with the field staffing director, program staff at NOLS campus locations, and the expedition education and risk management departments to supervise faculty performance and build effective field teams.
- Knowledge of NOLS’ school-wide philosophy and field curriculum.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Able to remain compassionate and solution-oriented in the midst of adversity, perceived difference, and at times, high levels of uncertainty.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment as well as independently, where the ability to manage details and prioritize tasks is essential.
- Organized, creative, and flexible.
- Experience with and/or the ability to learn methods of working with spreadsheet data and tools.
- Previous field and/or supervisory experience in outdoor education.
Leadership or Supervisory Duties: Operate as a member of a team that oversees the hiring, development, performance, and promotion of approximately 700 field faculty.
Funds and/or Property: Obligates NOLS funds as a signer of field staff employment agreements.
- Manage ongoing hiring of field faculty to provide effective, qualified instructors for each course. Balance emergent needs with longer-term development of individual instructors and NOLS field faculty pool overall.
- Develop seasonal hiring plans, track student enrollment, communicate regularly with program staff at NOLS campus locations, and correspond with field staff.
- Understand faculty performance by connecting with faculty and program staff at NOLS locations, and by reading staff performance evaluations.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to field faculty regarding performance and career development.
- Track instructor availability, openings, and other relevant data via spreadsheets and other tools. Creative thinking to develop and improve systems is welcome and encouraged.
- Contribute to field faculty recruitment and evaluation of field instructor course candidates, and assist in prioritizing faculty for training opportunities.
Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-verify: NOLS participates in E-verify
Work Location and Conditions: Lander, Wyoming. This is a full-time, benefitted position. Housing is not provided.
For qualified NOLS faculty, occasional field or classroom course work may be possible and/or mutually beneficial. The Field Staffing team will work together to build a schedule that is workable for everyone.
To Apply - send a PDF formatted cover letter and resume to:
Name: Debbie Derbish
Contact Jesse Quillian (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Closing Date for Applications: April 30, 2021
Starting Date: May 2021 or as soon as possible
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Atlantic City
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Atlantic City
- Faculty Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Atlantic City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Atlantic City
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Atlantic City