Manager, Business Operations
Assist with the strategic direction of a department's business operations. Manage the day to day business operations of a department in compliance, financial management and manage aspects of the Education Mission.
- Assist with financial and operational systems to monitor, control, and verify expenditures and carry out financial analyses.
- Assist with staffing plans according to budget availability and department needs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of successful strategies for revenue growth and expense control.
- Assist with the human resources activities for the department, including hiring, terminations, salary, and disciplinary actions.
- Actively collaborate with key department and College stakeholders to maximize effective business operations.
- Implement policies and guidelines for the department activities.
- Review and approve statements of accounts and invoice actions.
- Oversee or originate special projects or programs including pre and post awards.
- May oversee or originate pre-award and/or post-award related projects and tasks in support of department faculty.
- Budget planning and implementation at remote practice locations for Orthopedic Surgery.
- Designing the space and services at practice locations.
- Website development and maintenance for new practice locations.
- Staffing and oversight of the education mission for residency and fellowship program.
- Analysis and Business Development for growth projects in Orthopedics and Urology.
- Management of staff at Ben Taub to enhance workflows that affect resident satisfaction for this affiliate.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.