CENI Associate Director of Broader Impacts
The Associate Director of Broader Impacts will administer center operations and initiatives including evaluation activities and faculty research support for the Center for Educational Networks and Impacts (CENI) within the Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology (ICAT). The focus of this position is to continuously strengthen the alignment of Center-related activities with the university’s land-grant mission of serving the citizens of the commonwealth and beyond through education and research that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. This means evaluating, analyzing, and documenting connections among a wide range of stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, community members, funding providers, and the preK-12 educational community including schools, museums, and other non-profit organizations. Given this wide variety of stakeholders, it is imperative that the Associate Director is a team player, able to work well with others. The successful candidate will support outreach and engagement through planning and implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of educational and research activities conducted by the Center and its partners.
The Associate Director of Broader Impacts will collaborate with the Associate Director of Educational Networks in complementary ways to develop and implement CENI initiatives.
- Master's or PhD degree in a related field
- Project management experience with a specialty in evaluation and assessment.
- Experience conducting and reporting evaluation and assessment in educational research contexts.
- Record of interpreting and applying knowledge of educational policy.
- Supervisory experience with exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to engage with a wide range of constituents including sponsors, administrators, faculty, teachers, students, and parents in a positive and engaging manner.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrated ability to meet firm deadlines.
- Experience with sponsored research projects.
- Experience with strategic planning and implementation.
- Experience with community, not-for-profit, and university organizations aimed at learning, discovery, and engagement.
Commensurate with experience
May 10, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at lfarrier @vt.edu during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: April 14, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Education Administration & Leadership Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg