Math Tutor - Part-time
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
The part-time Tutor bridges the gap between the college and the needs of the student. This position also helps students make academic progress, while promoting independent learning and self-reliance.
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by staff.
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas.
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned students.
- Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative projects .
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the Math.
Consideration will be given to candidates who do not have a
Bachelors degree but possess technical certification(s) necessary
for the subject being tutored.
- Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work
with a diverse student body.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!