Professor, History (Fall 2021)
501 S Collin Pkwy
Farmersville, Texas, 75442
We are searching for an experienced Professor, History (Fall
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with the course syllabus
and college policy.
- Continue to update and revise course content and teaching
methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching
aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and
recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to associate faculty in regard
to course content and instructional materials.
- Post and observe a minimum of six office hours per week for
purposes of academic advising and student consultation. Hold office
hours at times which will be most convenient for students. Meet
with students as needed by appointment.
- Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration
- Actively participate in discipline, division and college-wide
task forces and committees for an average of two hours per
- Attend scheduled discipline, division and college-wide
- Actively participate in assisting the college to maintain
standards required for accreditation.
- Perform registration tasks determined in consultation with the
- Participate in full regalia in official graduation
- Work with Library staff in the selection of print and non-print
materials in the overall collection development of the
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the
- Establish annual objectives mutually determined with the
division dean, including personal and professional growth
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge and competence in the
appropriate academic disciplines.
- Contribute to and participate in staff development
- Participate in community activities and services.
- Teaching assignments may be on one or more of the college's
campuses or offsite locations and may include concurrent
enrollment, distance education, evening and weekend programs,
online instruction and other instructional modalities. Non-teaching
assignments include instructional development, academic advising
and assisting students, registration assignments, participating in
college-wide activities and task forces, and other appropriate
responsibilities. These responsibilities may be scheduled within
the flexible 170-day faculty calendar.
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Academic
preparation in teaching field to include eighteen (18) semester
hours in the discipline to be taught. Teaching experience is
This position will be expected to teach dual-credit classes as part
of the teaching load.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Faculty
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $53,050.00 - 65,048.00 *Salary is
contingent upon contract days, education, and
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or