Professor, History (Fall 2021)
- Collin College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Apr 15, 2021
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Art History, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Humanities, English & Literature, History, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Professor, History (Fall 2021)
501 S Collin Pkwy
Farmersville, Texas, 75442
We are searching for an experienced Professor, History (Fall 2021) .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with the course syllabus and college policy.
- Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to associate faculty in regard to course content and instructional materials.
- Post and observe a minimum of six office hours per week for purposes of academic advising and student consultation. Hold office hours at times which will be most convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by appointment.
- Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration process.
- Actively participate in discipline, division and college-wide task forces and committees for an average of two hours per week.
- Attend scheduled discipline, division and college-wide meetings.
- Actively participate in assisting the college to maintain standards required for accreditation.
- Perform registration tasks determined in consultation with the division dean.
- Participate in full regalia in official graduation ceremonies.
- Work with Library staff in the selection of print and non-print materials in the overall collection development of the Library.
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the division dean.
- Establish annual objectives mutually determined with the division dean, including personal and professional growth plans.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge and competence in the appropriate academic disciplines.
- Contribute to and participate in staff development programs.
- Participate in community activities and services.
- Teaching assignments may be on one or more of the college's campuses or offsite locations and may include concurrent enrollment, distance education, evening and weekend programs, online instruction and other instructional modalities. Non-teaching assignments include instructional development, academic advising and assisting students, registration assignments, participating in college-wide activities and task forces, and other appropriate responsibilities. These responsibilities may be scheduled within the flexible 170-day faculty calendar.
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Academic preparation in teaching field to include eighteen (18) semester hours in the discipline to be taught. Teaching experience is desired.
This position will be expected to teach dual-credit classes as part of the teaching load.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Faculty
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $53,050.00 - 65,048.00 *Salary is contingent upon contract days, education, and experience.*
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert