Sr. Director- Employer Resource Center
Sr. Director- Employer Resource Center
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$100,000.00 - $160,000.00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Under general supervision of the Associate Vice Chancellor of Economic Opportunity, the Senior Director of the Employment Resource Center (ERC) co-creates and executes the strategy of the ERC. The Senior Director will oversee a team of Career Placement Directors, an Opportunity Pipeline Director and an Analyst of ERC Website and Tech Platforms. The ERC will act as a liaison between key industry sector employers and career development services to assist all students, faculty, and employer partners in the development of employment opportunities. The ERC will identify employers with respectable paying entry-level and middle-skills employment opportunities that may offer Dallas College students a path to future economic self-sufficiency.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College.
• Experience leading or managing major change initiatives including knowledge and skill in process improvement, project planning, conflict resolution, team building, customer service, and data-based decision-making concepts.
• Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition.
• Analyze local labor market to identify trends for specific industry sectors including their employment and business trends, desired skills and hiring requirements for a variety of entry and mid-level jobs, and career advancement opportunities.
• Engage industry leaders and hiring gatekeepers to match job openings with students seeking employment, and partner with employers to deepen their understanding of cultural competence.
• Involve employers directly in the ERC through advisory groups and employer appreciation events
• Advise Career Services team on strategies to help students with job skills preparation including resumes, applications, interview training, hiring negotiations, and career advancement.
• Develop employer outreach strategy that results in the hiring of students
• Ability to collaborate at a high level; work with multiple stakeholders simultaneously, take ownership of of job placement process
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from a variety of economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, physical and mental abilities, and sexual orientations and those with limited English skills.
• Strong public speaking skills in a variety of venues and ability to inspire and motivate students and business partners.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree. Official transcripts required.
• Three (3) years of progressive responsibility in administrative and/or educational leadership roles
• Demonstrated successful experience developing strategic partnerships to support economic growth through employer engagement, data analysis and application
• Demonstrated understanding and commitment to working across the community to create economic opportunities and living-wage jobs for underserved/marginalized populations
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license for offsite travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the centralization of work-based learning opportunities consisting of acquiring academic, technical, and employability skill through interactions in real work environments. Activities and experiences involve practical, hands-on opportunities that link the classroom and the workplace. Work-based learning provides students an avenue to discover strengths and interests within career fields.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persuasive.
• Ability to interact effectively in the community and at multiple levels within organizations, especially organizations serving culturally and economically diverse communities.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 14 Apr 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Apr 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas