University Code 34126 University Title Associate Research Administrator University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Grants Manager Position Number 556970 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Psychology Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Department of Psychology in the College of Humanities and Sciences invites applicants to apply for the position of Grants Manager. The Department of Psychology is an innovative unit in the College of Humanities and Sciences with a robust research portfolio and is a diverse department with over 50 faculty members from varying backgrounds. The department serves a student body of over 1,700 undergraduate students and over 120 graduate students.
The Grants Manager is responsible for accounting, administrative, operational, and fiscal functions for departmental grants, contracts, cost-share accounts, fellowships, and awards. This position completes tasks independently while managing and negotiating creative solutions in a collaborative team environment. This includes daily management and account reconciliation; budgeting; reporting; travel; procurement of materials, supplies, and services. The position will also have independent communication with staff in multiple University offices ensuring compliance with organizational, University, State, and Federal policies, procedures, and guidelines. Will communicate with Principal Investigators in all matters related to grants from pre-award proposal preparation, through post-award grant management and grant close-out.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Ability to interpret and apply complex federal, state, local, and institutional regulations and contractual terms.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, handling and managing multiple tasks, and set priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with progressive work experience in research administration and/or financial management preferred.
-Technical proficiency is necessary including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and experience with both web-based and financial management/reporting systems.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Obtained Certified Research Administrator ( CRA ) credentialing.
- Advanced knowledge of Virginia Commonwealth University’s policies and procedures, including administration of Sponsored Programs, Effort Reporting, Procurement, and Payment and Cash Operations.
- Expertise in Banner, RAMSPOT, RealSource, and other software applications relevant to grants management and fiscal operations.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $45,000 to $55,000 Application Process/Additional Information
Please submit a resume and contact information for three professional references, one of whom must be a current or most recent supervisor. A cover letter is optional but encouraged.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40/week Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday; 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Job Open Date 04/08/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104953 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience with Banner Finance, Bank of
America Works, RealSource, ChromeRiver and/or RamSPOT.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have creating and
maintaining reports in Microsoft Excel?
- less than 1 year
- 1-3 years
- 3-5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have prior experience processing graduate stipend and
- * Please describe your experience with post-award grants
(Open Ended Question)
- Other Document
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond