Job Code/Title 81961 - H - Data Analyst 1 Position Number HU1358 Working Title Data Analyst Department Undergraduate Studies Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $15 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20 Normal work days Monday - Friday Normal work hours Varies Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
We are currently soliciting applications for a data analyst position in the VCU School of Business undergraduate studies office.
– Pull data sets for recruitment, enrollment, retention, and career services units
- Design and develop reports as needed using visualization techniques
– Respond to needs for new data sets using existing VCU and other external sources
- Design dashboards that will help inform processes of improvement for student resource and enrollment management units
- Create and maintain a repository of structured queries to gather data from institutional data sources
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a university employee at VCU
This position would be 20 hours per week and work can be completed remotely.
- Master’s level degree in business or analytics
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- Experience managing databases using SQL
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of descriptive and predictive analyses
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 04/14/2021 Remove from posting on or before 04/19/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105102 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond