Leave Administration Analyst
University Code 23014 University Title Senior HR Assistant 1 University Job Family Human Resources ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Leave Administration Analyst Position Number 567520 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Human Resources Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU HR has an exciting opportunity for a Leave Administration Analyst to join our team! VCU HR seeks culturally and professionally diverse individuals skilled in customer service and administrative assignments.
Duties and responsibilities of the Leave Administration Analyst include, but are not limited to:
•Administer VCU’s short term disability and workers’ compensation claims in support of VCU faculty and staff.
•Create and maintains leave and workers’ compensation records for compliance.
•Serve as a front line resource for VCU human resources by providing accurate information and service to university schools and units with disability, workers’ compensation and leave related requests.
•Complete other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
•Outstanding customer service skills, a high degree of professionalism, strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment, ability to meet required deadlines, a good attendance record, and the ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines.
•The ability to understand and apply policies and procedures for all areas of responsibility and solve problems independently using available resources.
•Excellent oral and written communication skills in standard business English and the ability to handle confidential/sensitive information appropriately and discreetly.
•Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google suite, and strong mathematical skills to perform accurate leave and pay calculations.
•A desire to foster equity and inclusion in one’s team and throughout the university.
•A commitment to VCU’s core competencies of accountability/integrity; achievement; collaboration; diversity; innovation; and service excellence.
•Demonstrated experience fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and an expressed commitment to do so while at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
•Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field preferred, or equivalent applicable training and experience.
•Experience with Banner HRIS system, experience with short term disability and workers’ compensation administration.
•Knowledge of Commonwealth of Virginia disability and workers’ compensation claim procedures.
•Knowledge of state and federal policies and procedures. Working knowledge of DocuSign, Banner HRIS system and Imagenow.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $33,000 - $38,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 04/14/2021 Posting will close on or before 04/30/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105068 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your experience working with leave administration,
STD/LTD, Workers Comp and FMLA.
- No experience - I have no background in Leave, but am excited to learn
- Limited experience - I have a general understand of Leave types
- Significant experience - I have done work related to Leave for 3+ years and feel comfortable providing guidance related to Leave and leave usage
- * Describe your experience creating formulas in Excel
- No experience - I will need to learn how to create formulas
- Limited experience - I can create basic formulas
- Significant experience - I am comfortable creating complicated formulas
- * Describe a specific project that you enjoyed working on. What
about this project was successful and what made it fun?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe how you handle assignments that require a quick
turnaround to meet deadlines.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond