IT Support Analyst
University Code 24111 University Title IT Analyst 1 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title IT Support Analyst Position Number 562400 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
• Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and repair for SOM Departments; includes desktop computing, research based computing, mobile devices, virtualization and endpoint management for Windows/Mac based hardware/software systems in a networked environment.
• Work closely with faculty and staff in the assigned department(s) to get a thorough understanding of their goals and priorities in order to accurately assess their technology needs.
• Serve as a point of contact for computer issues ranging from IT procurement to deployment and maintenance.
• Coordinate enterprise application support through VCU and VCU Health Helpdesk and IT staff.
• Responsible for operating system deployments, software installation and support, workstation/device security management and network support.
• Ensure that IT hardware, systems and tools are in compliance with VCU, VCU Health or other organizational policies and procedures as applicable.
• Coordinate with team members on IT asset management system, inventory tracking, purchase, replacement, disposal/surplus of University equipment.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Demonstrated modern knowledge of desktop support and endpoint computing concepts and their implementation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of common business software programs including Office365, MS Office Suite, e-mail clients, and web browsers.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Windows and Mac based systems.
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve common desktop software, hardware and communications issues.
• Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and coworkers to provide technical support, consultation and training.
• Ability to communicate complex information so that it is understandable to novice computer users.
• Ability to effectively write clear documentation, instructional material and reports.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve desktop and client/server application problems at all technical levels using enterprise troubleshooting tools, email, or onsite/offsite visits.
• Working knowledge of best practices in PC and Mac desktop standards, security, and administration.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse customer base to provide technical support, consultation, and training in computer systems operations and technology.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. for a short distance.
• Ability to perform duties independently in a timely and punctual manner.
• Ability to perform duties in a diverse work environment with frequently shifting priorities
• Demonstrated commitment to and success in service and client satisfaction.
• Excellent written and oral communications, supporting an ability to establish trust and create confidence.
Preferred Hiring Standards Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $45,000 - $50,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 04/14/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105080 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe how you ensure good customer service in a dynamic IT
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe the general process you use when prioritizing
tasks, duties, and projects in an enterprise IT support
(Open Ended Question)
- * Give an example of one of the toughest problems you had to
face at a job and how you dealt with it.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond