Performance and Events Coordinator
Job Title Performance and Events Coordinator Posting Number S902P Classification Title
The Performance and Events Coordinator oversees all logistics for both on-campus and off-campus SOM -related events. These might include on-campus events such as Preview Days, Audition Days, Open Houses, camps, clinics, and other special events. Off-campus events might include concerts, worship leading experiences, conferences and other performances. In addition to overseeing all event details, this person is responsible for oversight of the SOM merchandise inventory and tracking system. He or she will accomplish this by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains master performance calendar for the School of Music.
2. Strategizes and researches best event practices for recruitment events.
3. Organizes concept and creation of a schedule of camps and competitions.
4. Provides clerical and organizational support as needed to department including problem solving, project planning, and execution of stated goals and objectives.
5. Schedules concerts for the School of Music performing ensembles.
6. Provides performing group tour coordination and facilitation, which includes problem solving and decision-making in cooperation with ensemble directors and Executive Team. Oversees all processes for performing groups, including: Collecting offerings, managing financial and concert records, organizing publicity materials, arranging for transportation of performing ensembles and equipment, managing the arrangement of meals, creation and dissemination of itineraries.
7. Responsible for receipts and the depositing of offerings and sales money from events and concerts.
8. Arranges for special housing needs of performing ensembles when necessary.
9. Coordinates the booking and/or staffing of photographers and/or videographers needed for events.
10. Maintains an adequate supply of CD/ DVD recordings and merchandise materials for all performing ensembles.
11. Coordinate all logistics for presentational materials, promotional materials, and other exhibitor needs for conferences. This includes determining items needed, preparing items, shipping items if necessary, and ensuring all materials arrive on time.
12. Oversee all aspects of acquiring outfits for performance groups. This includes: working with directors to determine needs, product selection, student measurements, order placement, order tracking, alterations needed and any outfit-related accessories.
13. May perform a variety of administrative functions, including data management and correspondence.
This job has limited supervisory responsibilities as it pertains to student workers in the office.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of scheduling software for appointments, events and/or meetings.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related office software applications.
Skill to negotiate for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure professional and appropriate décor to meet quality and Brand expectation.
Ability to manage and track event finances including proposals, budgeting, requisitions, and reporting.
Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinates multiple projects.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Knowledge of standard budgeting, and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 04/14/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6433 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Christian Experience Essay
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside